About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with plenty of drive for a Web Developer position within a rapidly growing Advertising Agency.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an award-winning agency and work on a broad mix of projects. If successful, you will work closely with an expert team and will provide essential support in the implementation of key Web Development based projects.
You will be joining a team of developers helping develop and build websites and applications to clients’ specifications. The scope of work is fun and varied and includes building simple websites, CMS platforms, e-commerce sites, web services and native apps. We build mainly using PHP but always try to use the best tool for the job, so the opportunity to learn new things and use the latest technologies is always possible. You will join the team primarily as a backend developer, however, the ability to build frontends is essential.
Bareface is built on an entrepreneurial spirit so you must be a self-starter who is willing to be hands on in all aspects of the role. This includes a mixture of frontend and backend development tasks as well as a passion for learning new technologies.
We are a fast paced agency so the ability to work quickly and using your own initiative is a must. We want someone who can hit the ground running and produce work to the highest standard possible.
- Solid understanding of PHP and object-oriented programming.
- Experience working with WordPress.
- Experience working with a PHP framework, e.g. Symfony, Laravel.
- Excellent understanding of HTML5, CSS and current web standards.
- Experience working within a LAMP/LEMP stack.
- Experience working with relational database systems, e.g. MySQL.
- Knowledge of version control systems.
- Understanding of web security fundamentals.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject.
- Previous experience working within an agency setting.
- Knowledge of other relevant programming languages, e.g. Ruby, C#.
- Experience building native apps (iOS/Android).
- Knowledge of “NoSQL” systems.